All tenkara rods for sale by Tenkara USA include a hard case and woven sock to protect your rod.
Tenkara USA rods are backed by our Lifetime Tenkara Care™ Guarantee, where our very responsive team of tenkara anglers will make sure you quickly get back in the water if your tenkara gear has any problems.
How to choose a good-quality tenkara fishing rod?
Our tenkara fly rods are generally versatile and each rod can be used in a variety of situations and for a large range of target fish. The best tenkara rod for you might depend on the type of fishing you would like to do the most.
Here are some helpful tips:
• The Hane is a good tenkara rod for backpacking and other backcountry fly-fishing adventures.
• The Iwana is a great value all-around tenkara rod. It was the first tenkara rod offered outside of Japan, and it has seen generations of improvements.
• The Rhodo, the Ito and the Amago are more specialized tenkara rods. The Rhodo is ideal to catch fish in very small streams. The Ito and Amago are other tenkara rods that are great for targeting larger fish and fishing in bigger waters.
• The Satoki is a great rod for anglers who find themselves fishing the larger ends of the tenkara spectrum, but still refined enough to give the true tenkara experience.
What is the best tenkara rod for beginners?
We often get asked which tenkara fly rod is good for beginners. The reality is that the tenkara method itself is great for beginners in general, and any of the rods will work well for someone getting started. With that being said, the Sato, the Hane and the Iwana are the most popular tenkara rods for beginners. Tenkara Rods for Beginners
More about tenkara fly rods• How to care for your tenkara rod
• How to fix a tenkara rod
• Our tenkara rod design philosophy