Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Fly Fishing "Wallet"

What are the other ESSENTIAL pieces of equipment you carry with you? How do you pack? How do you hold your gear while fishing? Fly boxes? Snips? you tell us.

Fly Fishing "Wallet"

Postby Jason Klass » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:49 am

I don't like to carry my full wallet with me on stream so I use a very thin nylon business card carrier as a type of wallet to hold my "essentials".

It holds my fishing license, ID, Tenkara USA Tenkara Ambassador cards, and my TenkaraTalk business cards to hand out to people I meet on the water. Sometimes, I'll throw some emergency cash in there too if I'll be far from the car.

I like it because it's nice and compact and fits nicely in a zippered interior pocket of my chest pack. Just wondering if the rest of you carry something similar. Oh, and don't laugh at my driver's license photo!
Last edited by Jason Klass on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My blog: Tenkara Talk
Tenkara USA Rods: Amago, Ayu, Ayu Series II, Ebisu, Ito, Iwana 11', Iwana 12', Rhodo, Sato, Yamame
Other Tenkara USA Gear: Tamo, Strap Pack, 2.5, 3.5 & 4.5 Level Line, 10.5 ft. & 13 ft. Traditional Line, Line Spools
Jason Klass

Re: Fly Fishing "Wallet"

Postby Darrin Terry » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:00 am

I carry a front pocket wallet daily which is basically what you show in that picture and usually just throw it a small zip lock bag to try and keep it dry and keep it either in my wader chest pocket or when wet wading in my vest.

Yeah, I saw your DL pic and was thinking it looked like a mug shot. Gotta love DMV photos.
2012 Days Fishing - 18/366
Iwana : Series I : 11 ft Iwana : Series II : 12 ft
Darrin Terry

Postby tntom » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:43 am

I saw that picture the last I was at the Post Office :mrgreen:

I'm the same way just don't want to carry my entire wallet on the stream I have a old picture holder that has my fishing license and my Tenkara USA ambassador cards I keep it in a small zip lock bag that also has my fly lines. It stays in my chest pack so I don't have to remember to take it with me.

Tom
If you aint high sticking, you aint fishing hard enough.
tntom

Postby Jason Klass » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:19 pm

tntom wrote:I saw that picture the last I was at the Post Office :mrgreen:

How many sakasa kebari do I have to tie you to keep you quiet?
My blog: Tenkara Talk
Tenkara USA Rods: Amago, Ayu, Ayu Series II, Ebisu, Ito, Iwana 11', Iwana 12', Rhodo, Sato, Yamame
Other Tenkara USA Gear: Tamo, Strap Pack, 2.5, 3.5 & 4.5 Level Line, 10.5 ft. & 13 ft. Traditional Line, Line Spools
Jason Klass

Postby tntom » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:19 pm

jasonklass wrote:
tntom wrote:I saw that picture the last I was at the Post Office :mrgreen:

How many sakasa kebari do I have to tie you to keep you quiet?

Your secret is safe with me. I learn to much from your web site.
If you aint high sticking, you aint fishing hard enough.
tntom

Return to Add-on gear